Charger Logistics Inc. is a world-class asset-based carrier with locations across North America. With over 20 years of experience providing the best logistics solutions, Charger Logistics has transformed into a world-class transport provider and continues to grow.
Charger Logistics invests time and support into its employees to provide them with the room to learn and grow their expertise and work their way up. We are an entrepreneurial-minded organization that welcomes and support individual ideas and strategies. We are currently expanding and looking to add a motivated individual to our Service Department based out of our Laredo office.
Shift availability: 2:00 PM - 11:00 PM or 3:00 PM - 12:00 AM
- Diagnostic ability of all components of the truck.
- Help in writing up repair orders and communicating with the drivers and owners in order to determine problems and solutions to their truck repair needs.
- Schedules an assigns jobs ad work area to employees according to their skills and knowledge.
- This should be accomplished in a manner to eliminate time lost between jobs.
- Inspect and advise the mechanics on work as it progresses,
- Keep track of each customer job and be able to advise the customer as to time of completion, cost of repairs, additional repairs, etc.
- Road test and dyno test trucks in order not only to diagnose problems, but also to determine if repairs are complete.
- See that the buildings, grounds, and work areas are kept clean and neatly arranged. See that all company tools and equipment are properly maintained.
- Help in determining the parts to be replaced and follow through with the mechanics and Parts Department to be sure of parts availability.
- Help in completing repair orders by getting the mechanics write up of the repairs, seeing that parts are billed correctly, and all needed lines are added to the ticket as it progresses. Be sure each repair is coded correctly.
- Must be familiar with warranty of all parts of the truck and able to determine if a repair is warrantable.
- Must be at work at least thirty minutes prior to time for the mechanics in order to analyze the work schedule.
- Must be willing to work additional hours as the workload and business requires and perform other duties or functions as so directed by management.
- Must help to insure safe working conditions for all employees.
- A valid driver’s license, Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) id preferred but not required.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a shop foreman or lead mechanic is required
- Knowledge of truck parts and equipment and truck repairs
- Knowledge of DOT/MTO rules and regulations is an asset
- Effective problem solver with the ability to understand issues and find solutions in a timely manner
- High attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment