Carrier Sales Representative
As a world class asset-based carrier, Charger Logistics specializes in delivering your assets, on time and on budget. With the diverse fleet of equipment, we can handle a range of freight, including dedicated loads, specialized hauls, temperature-controlled goods and HAZMAT cargo.
Logistics services and management is a functionality within the business that will never disappear. For every truck on the road, there is a professional driver and teams of support staff ranging from logistics management, driver management, safety, and maintenance to support that unit. As a Carrier sales representative, these are the factors to keep in mind when approaching carriers and developing relationships with trucking providers.
Our team is ever expanding, and we are looking to develop the next leaders in the logistics space. We offer the opportunity to learn and grow within this industry.
The carrier sales representative is responsible for curating and developing strategic business partnerships with outside service providers and owner-operators.
This position requires a unique personality and skill set. The possibilities for growth are endless and completely determined by your own efforts and work ethic.
- Develop capacity solutions to effectively support the customers.
- Manage load boards to match freight with carrier capacity.
- Manage a portfolio of carriers and develop strategic relationships with carrier partners in all geographies.
- Prepare quotes and effectively negotiate rate for logistics.
- Accurately enter, process and follow up on orders and requests via phone, email and EDI, in a professional manner
- Conduct calls with carriers to determine carrier availability and negotiate transportation rates.
- Provide consistent and exceptional service levels to contracted carriers and internal customers.
- Maintain and grow relationships with carrier accounts including conducting account reviews and identifying opportunities for
- College or University degree.
- Previous experience in Brokerage/ dispatch/ sales is an asset.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have good understanding of North American geography.
- Strong command over MS Office with an ability to learn new software easily.
- Competitive Salary
- Health care benefits
- Employee Assistance